Six years of experience as a Java EE/J2EE developer. Focus on back-end implementation of
new features in web applications. Extensive experience working with minimal supervision as a
Software Developer, Personal Project www.petite-bibliotheque.com Nov 2014 – present
Petite-Bibliotheque is an application built to replace a local school library’s paper recordkeeping
system. The software was selected for implementation from a field of 10 competing products.
● Designed, developed, and deployed internet application that catalogs books and
manages checkout for a school library.
● Utilized web services (Google, Amazon, Bibliotheque Nationale Francaise) for retrieving
information about any books based upon unique ISBN identification.
● Built barcode generation functionality to print scannable barcodes for books and library
Technologies: Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, Git, Maven, JUnit. The system is
currently deployed to Heroku and being migrated to Red Hat’s OpenShift.
Lead Programmer, Financing PlanetHome GmbH, Munich, Germany May 2001–June 2006
Worked as a consultant remotely from September 2003 – June 2006
PlanetHome is a online mortgage origination portal that allowed users to apply for mortgage and
receive competitive interest rates from multiple prospective lenders.
● Developed financial web applications and modules using Java.
● Wrote data import/export module for the application
● Designed and implemented module that translated user input into Java code which
enabled live changes to system.
● Developed back-end structure which allowed third party access, which provided
substantial expansion of the business model.
● Developed interest rate calculator module using Basel II standards, eliminating both
dependence and high costs of third party software.
● Participated in manual and automated testing and documentation.
● Managed monthly release cycle of project containing roughly 1500 files.
● Trained new team members.
Technologies: Java EE with WebLogic and JBoss Application Servers, Oracle Database,
Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEs, CVS Version Control. Programmed locally on Windows, deployed on
Software Developer Alphaware GmbH; Freilassing, Germany July 1999 – Feb 2001
Development and extension of Internet based business tracking software. Emphasis on
interface to reporting software. Designed system which translated database output into billing
documents using LaTeX.
Technologies: Progress, Access, Actuate, Perl, LaTeX
Programmer Analyst HCIA, Inc., Denver, CO Oct 1998 – June 1999
Production Analyst, Team Leader HCIA, Inc. March 1998 – Sept 1998
Data Extraction Analyst HCIA, Inc., Dec 1996 – Aug 1997
Data Analyst LBA Healthcare Management (renamed HCIA) Sept 1995 – Nov 1996
Served almost four years at HCIA/LBA and progressed from Data Analysis to Programmer
roles. Technologies included Perl, Ingres, MS Excel/Access, SQL queries, and Unix.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA studies in physics and mathematics
Loyola University, New Orleans, LA Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Cum Laude
English (mother tongue), German (written and oral), French (oral)